Lightning Hub Launching March 2018
Something new and exciting is ready to launch in Whakatane in March 2018. Lightning Hub is a brand new co-working shared space and innovation hub. Co-founded by three entrepreneurs, Tristan Vine, Matthew Davis and Briton Williams. The co-working space will offer permanent desks, small and large offices for rent, with seminar spaces and meeting rooms. The idea is to foster a fun, energized collaborative work environment for the business community in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Sparking ideas to life, from the Eastern Bay of Plenty to the World.
“For innovators, entrepreneurs, consultants, start-ups and businesses who are looking for a creative, fun and flexible environment to work, relax, collaborate and build business community. Lightning Hub is a shared space/innovation hub located right in the centre of Whakatane, offering a range of hot desks, offices, creative spaces, meeting and seminar rooms for casual, short or long-term lease including shared services and admin. Unlike working in isolation from home, remotely or being tied to expensive lease options Lightning Hub provides a vibrant, like-minded community where good business is done and ideas are sparked to life.”
Innovation and Collaboration for Businesses:
- High Tech, Members only lounge
- Modern, centrally located offices
- Shared Admin, printing power and wifi
- A range of hot-desks, workspaces and offices
- Casual, short or long term membership options
- Meeting rooms and boardroom for hire
- Seminar space, ideas generation hub
- Media facilities and addon IT solutions.
- Business directory, marketing add-ons and business advisory services.
- Kitchen and bathrooms
- Regular Whakatane events
- A Whakatane Directory to improve business networks
Looking towards the future:
Lightning Hub will be the place to spark innovation and build a future for our region, Aotearoa and the world. Innovation knows no boundaries, so we will be bringing a heap of cool and valuable services to our community:
- Seminars and Workshops around Business Strategy and Innovation.
- Notable speakers and thought leaders presenting seminars and talks.
- Business insights series showcasing local innovation stories.
- Capability and funding through Regional Business Partners.
- Business start-up, accelerator and incubation services.
- One-stop provider for marketing, it-solutions and networking for our members.
- Collaborative tendering and resource pooling.
- Podcasts, live video and business storytelling.
- Future innovation around; “Internet of Things”, R&D, Robotics/Automation and Artificial Intelligence.
- Keep up to date with Whakatane events regularly on our website.
Providing Social Enterprise and Sustainability for our next generation:
Lightning Hub is much more than a business, our purpose is to act as a facilitator to provide and foster social enterprise, education, innovation and sustainability for the future for our region and Aotearoa. We are passionate about creating a legacy for future generations by igniting the entrepreneurial and innovative talents of our people. Through building partnerships and collaborating with like-minded people, businesses and organisations, we aim to deliver a range of exciting initiatives across the educational and social landscape – building a sustainable future for our people, communities and economy:
- Partnering with our local schools to facilitate innovative and entrepreneurial initiatives, empowering children to create microenterprise and learn practical business understanding.
- Building strong synergies with Iwi and hapu, bringing Maori innovation and business to life through strong Tikanga and initiatives.
- Collaborating with universities and tertiary institutions to provide scholarships and pathways for young innovators no matter their background.
- Identifying and working alongside start-ups and young innovators, incubating and accelerating their ideas to fruition.
- Connecting and facilitating mentoring programmes between influential business people and our next generation of leaders.
- Connecting local businesses and industry to provide pathways for employment and innovation for our rangatahi.
- Delivering business and innovation insights through podcasts, social media interviews and live media events.
- Through sponsorship and our alliances, provide scholarships and link funding providers with fledgling, purposeful start-ups.
Contact us now to become a community member.